SAP Process Orchestration (SAP PI/PO) is end of life in 2027 (can be extended to 2030). The go-to solution from SAP is the Cloud Integration Suite in the Business Technology Platform (BTP). So what are some of the advantages of SAP Cloud Integration over Process Orchestration?
- Cloud-based Solution: SAP Cloud Integration is a cloud-based solution, which means that there is no need for hardware or software installation. This reduces the cost of infrastructure and makes it easier to scale the solution as per the business needs. On the other hand, SAP Process Orchestration is an on-premise solution that requires installation on a server.
- Integration with Non-SAP Systems: SAP Cloud Integration provides integration with non-SAP systems such as Salesforce, Workday, and over 200+ others systems. It supports various communication protocols such as REST, SOAP, OData, and others. SAP Process Orchestration primarily focuses on SAP-to-SAP integrations and has limited support for non-SAP systems.
- Pre-built Integrations: SAP Cloud Integration provides pre-built integrations that can be used as templates to accelerate the integration process. It includes connectors for various systems, templates for commonly used integration scenarios, and pre-built content for industry-specific integrations. SAP Process Orchestration does not have pre-built integrations.
- Low Code: SAP Cloud Integration has a low-code integration approach that enables business users to create integrations without the need for IT involvement. This helps in reducing the development time and improving the agility of the integration process. SAP Process Orchestration requires more technical expertise to create integrations.
- Real-time Integration: SAP Cloud Integration provides real-time integration capabilities, which means that the data is synchronized in real-time between the systems. This helps in reducing the latency of the integration and providing accurate and up-to-date data to the end-users. SAP Process Orchestration does not have real-time integration capabilities.
In conclusion, SAP Cloud Integration provides a cloud-based, low-code, pre-built integration solution that supports integration with non-SAP systems and provides real-time integration capabilities. SAP Process Orchestration is an on-premise solution that primarily focuses on SAP-to-SAP integrations and requires more technical expertise.
For further information on your move from SAP PI/PO to Cloud Integration please get in touch.